U.S. stocks fell to a new 2022 low this week. Investors worried the Federal Reserve would drive the economy into a downturn from its fight to quell inflation.
"In the investing blog, I seek to help you take sound investment decisions free from emotion by sharing my objective insights on markets, sectors, and companies."
Sam Subramanian PhD, MBA, Editor, AlphaProfit MoneyMatters
U.S. stocks suffered one more week of mid-single-digit losses after the Fed raised interest rates by 0.75%. Recession fears rose amid surging bond yields.
Stocks sold off last week after higher-than-expected inflation and earnings warning from FedEx increased fears of stagflation. The S&P 500 fell 4.8%.
The best performing ETFs in specific categories are up more than the S&P 500’s 13% annual gain. What are the best performing ETFs of the last 10 years?
Fidelity funds focusing on biotechnology, agriculture, and energy were top performers in August.
New ETF Recommendations
Free Investment Newsletter MoneyMatters
- Independent analysis of the economy, markets, and sectors
- Unbiased ETF, stock, and mutual fund advice and evaluations
- Unique insights on emerging profit opportunities and must-know threats
- Complimentary access to premium service
- Subscription discounts for premium service
- Five Smart Ways of Using Sector Funds and ETFs with inside scoop on sector investments
- Three Key Mistakes to Avoid when Investing in Sector ETFs
Premium Service Investment Newsletter
Clear, Actionable Advice on Sectors, Funds, ETFs, & Stocks
- Specific guidance on what and when to buy or sell
- Long-term investing and short-term trading recommendations
- Proven strategies for all markets
- 75% win-rate including 2008 crash and dot-com bust
Market-beating model portfolios
- Suitable for small and large accounts sizes
- Appropriate for different investment objectives and account types
- Results verifiable in login area with free account
- Track record of smashing market 7-to-1
- All recommendations provided ahead of time with ample notice
- Unbiased, independent advice with no axes to grind
- 24/7 access to premium service and its archives
- Access to Dr. Sam Subramanian via e-mail
THE GOOD NEWS JUST BEGINS!