Semiconductor stocks are hot. Fidelity Select Semiconductors Portfolio FSELX is up 21% annually over the past 5 years. What is the outlook for FSELX? Is FSELX a buy, sell or hold?
"In the investing blog, I seek to help you take sound investment decisions free from emotion by sharing my objective insights on markets, sectors, and companies."
Sam Subramanian PhD, MBA, Editor, AlphaProfit MoneyMatters
Semiconductor stocks are hot. The iShares PHLX Semiconductor ETF SOXX is up 24% annually over the past 5 years. What is the outlook for the SOXX ETF? Is SOXX a buy, sell or hold?
The Communication Services Select Sector SPDR ETF with ticker symbol XLC is in the works. State Street Global Advisors plans to launch this 11th Select Sector SPDR ETF when a new Communication Services sector is created in September. Read this article for insights into the nuts & bolts of the Communication Services Select Sector SPDR ETF and what… Read More »
Earnings reports are an important factor affecting stock prices. The S&P 500 quarterly earnings parade starts in a few weeks. How is the 2nd quarter earnings outlook shaping up for different sectors and stocks? The S&P 500 companies are set to report their second-quarter earnings reports in a few weeks. During the first quarter, S&P 500 quarterly earnings… Read More »
Sector funds are mutual funds that focus their equity investments within a specific sector or industry of the economy. Several investment companies such as Fidelity Investments, ICON Funds, ProFunds, Rydex Investments, and Vanguard Group offer sector- and industry-specific mutual funds. Some sector funds cover broad sectors, such as information technology or health care. Fidelity Select Technology (Nasdaq: FSPTX)… Read More »
New Mutual Fund Recommendations
Free Investment Newsletter MoneyMatters
- Independent analysis of the economy, markets, and sectors
- Unbiased ETF, stock, and mutual fund advice and evaluations
- Unique insights on emerging profit opportunities and must-know threats
- Complimentary access to premium service
- Subscription discounts for premium service
- Five Smart Ways of Using Sector Funds and ETFs with inside scoop on sector investments
- Three Key Mistakes to Avoid when Investing in Sector ETFs
Premium Service Investment Newsletter
Clear, Actionable Advice on Sectors, Funds, ETFs, & Stocks
- Specific guidance on what and when to buy or sell
- Long-term investing and short-term trading recommendations
- Proven strategies for all markets
- 75% win-rate including 2008 crash and dot-com bust
Market-beating model portfolios
- Suitable for small and large accounts sizes
- Appropriate for different investment objectives and account types
- Results verifiable in login area with free account
- Track record of smashing market 7-to-1
- All recommendations provided ahead of time with ample notice
- Unbiased, independent advice with no axes to grind
- 24/7 access to premium service and its archives
- Access to Dr. Sam Subramanian via e-mail
THE GOOD NEWS JUST BEGINS!