Although hopes of a COVID-19 vaccine and despair from rising COVID-19 cases swayed stocks, the S&P 500 closed the week at a record high.
"In the investing blog, I seek to help you take sound investment decisions free from emotion by sharing my objective insights on markets, sectors, and companies."
Sam Subramanian PhD, MBA, Editor, AlphaProfit MoneyMatters
The S&P 500 surged 7.2%, its biggest weekly gain since April. Democrat Biden was declared winner on Saturday, four days after the 2020 Presidential election.
The S&P 500 suffered its biggest weekly loss since March. Concerns of a contested presidential election and a return of lockdowns weighed on stocks.
Although U. S. companies topped earnings expectations, stocks broke their three-week uptrend on fading prospects of a new stimulus bill before the election.
The bulls and bears battled as impasse over stimulus and mixed COVID19-related news offset better-than-expected third quarter earnings.
New ETF and Mutual Fund Recommendations
Free Investment Newsletter MoneyMatters
- Independent analysis of the economy, markets, and sectors
- Unbiased ETF, stock, and mutual fund advice and evaluations
- Unique insights on emerging profit opportunities and must-know threats
- Complimentary access to premium service
- Subscription discounts for premium service
- Five Smart Ways of Using Sector Funds and ETFs with inside scoop on sector investments
- Three Key Mistakes to Avoid when Investing in Sector ETFs
Premium Service Investment Newsletter
Clear, Actionable Advice on Sectors, Funds, ETFs, & Stocks
- Specific guidance on what and when to buy or sell
- Long-term investing and short-term trading recommendations
- Proven strategies for all markets
- 75% win-rate including 2008 crash and dot-com bust
Market-beating model portfolios
- Suitable for small and large accounts sizes
- Appropriate for different investment objectives and account types
- Results verifiable in login area with free account
- Track record of smashing market 7-to-1
- All recommendations provided ahead of time with ample notice
- Unbiased, independent advice with no axes to grind
- 24/7 access to premium service and its archives
- Access to Dr. Sam Subramanian via e-mail
THE GOOD NEWS JUST BEGINS!