U. S. stocks broke their two-week uptrend. Investors worried about uncontrolled inflation, rising bond yields, and deepening tensions between Russia & Ukraine.
"In the investing blog, I seek to help you take sound investment decisions free from emotion by sharing my objective insights on markets, sectors, and companies."
Sam Subramanian PhD, MBA, Editor, AlphaProfit MoneyMatters
Fidelity funds focusing on commodity stocks including energy & natural resources, Latin America, and banks were top performers in January.
U. S. stocks posted their second straight weekly gain after a bumpy ride. The 10-year bond yield surged to levels last seen only before the pandemic.
ETFs focusing on natural gas and energy stocks were top performers in January.
Stocks rose 29% in 2021 while earnings grew 45%. Stocks have gotten off to a rocky start in 2022, losing 7% quickly. Will the stock market go up in 2022?
New ETF and Mutual Fund Recommendations
Free Investment Newsletter MoneyMatters
- Independent analysis of the economy, markets, and sectors
- Unbiased ETF, stock, and mutual fund advice and evaluations
- Unique insights on emerging profit opportunities and must-know threats
- Complimentary access to premium service
- Subscription discounts for premium service
- Five Smart Ways of Using Sector Funds and ETFs with inside scoop on sector investments
- Three Key Mistakes to Avoid when Investing in Sector ETFs
Premium Service Investment Newsletter
Clear, Actionable Advice on Sectors, Funds, ETFs, & Stocks
- Specific guidance on what and when to buy or sell
- Long-term investing and short-term trading recommendations
- Proven strategies for all markets
- 75% win-rate including 2008 crash and dot-com bust
Market-beating model portfolios
- Suitable for small and large accounts sizes
- Appropriate for different investment objectives and account types
- Results verifiable in login area with free account
- Track record of smashing market 7-to-1
- All recommendations provided ahead of time with ample notice
- Unbiased, independent advice with no axes to grind
- 24/7 access to premium service and its archives
- Access to Dr. Sam Subramanian via e-mail
THE GOOD NEWS JUST BEGINS!