The S&P 500 fell 1.1% last week. Calls from Fed officials supporting higher interest rates and subpar earnings caused stocks to snap their two-week rally.
"In the investing blog, I seek to help you take sound investment decisions free from emotion by sharing my objective insights on markets, sectors, and companies."
Sam Subramanian PhD, MBA, Editor, AlphaProfit MoneyMatters
ETFs focusing on firms in battery technologies, electric vehicles, autonomous vehicles, and clean energy were the top performing ETFs in January 2023.
The S&P 500 added 1.6% last week, extending its year-to-date gain to 7.9%. Fed Chair Powell calmed investors, saying the disinflationary process has begun.
The S&P 500 rose 2.5% this week, reversing losses from the previous one. Economic data and corporate earnings showed resiliency amidst softening demand.
U.S. stocks posted their first weekly loss of 2023. Factory data, retail sales data, and earnings reports led to worries about slowing economic growth.
New ETF Recommendations
Free Investment Newsletter MoneyMatters
- Independent analysis of the economy, markets, and sectors
- Unbiased ETF, stock, and mutual fund advice and evaluations
- Unique insights on emerging profit opportunities and must-know threats
- Complimentary access to premium service
- Subscription discounts for premium service
- Five Smart Ways of Using Sector Funds and ETFs with inside scoop on sector investments
- Three Key Mistakes to Avoid when Investing in Sector ETFs
Premium Service Investment Newsletter
Clear, Actionable Advice on Sectors, Funds, ETFs, & Stocks
- Specific guidance on what and when to buy or sell
- Long-term investing and short-term trading recommendations
- Proven strategies for all markets
- 75% win-rate including 2008 crash and dot-com bust
Market-beating model portfolios
- Suitable for small and large accounts sizes
- Appropriate for different investment objectives and account types
- Results verifiable in login area with free account
- Track record of smashing market 7-to-1
- All recommendations provided ahead of time with ample notice
- Unbiased, independent advice with no axes to grind
- 24/7 access to premium service and its archives
- Access to Dr. Sam Subramanian via e-mail
THE GOOD NEWS JUST BEGINS!